Wednesday, September 30, 2009

skateboarding and love songs

the summer between 11th and 12th grade from Jordan Bee on Vimeo.



Since skateboarding is such a personal symbol and joy and freedom, it makes me sad that this video also of the first time I got dumped. Well, sort of. I had a crush on a girl. And like anyone should do to show their strong feelings, I made her a tape of all my best skateboard footage to the soundtrack of my favorite song (Neutral Milk Hotel - "Naomi"). We hung out for a month and then that was it - she cut it off when school started back up. So I did what anyone suburban kid should do to cope, and got my mom to get me an 8-track recorder and wrote a bunch of sad, sappy acoustic guitar songs.

I thought I only made one copy of this and gave it to her (you know, so it's extra special). But apparently I knew that was a dumb idea and secretly made a copy and hid it somewhere because I found it when I was moving to San Francisco. I can look back now and cringe at my bad style and butt sweat, but I know that it would take me forever to land a lot of those tricks today.

So the moral of the story is: beazies got snakes for brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment